The 2023 Sea Harvest SA Interclub Championships Presented by the Department of Sport, Arts and Culture(DSAC)
25TH – 26TH November
Regional Interclub Championships
Western Cape/ Eastern Cape / Kwazulu Natal
2023 Sea Harvest Interclub Championship
ENTRY CRITERIA – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
The Entry Fee is R500 per team.
Please make payment to
Ref: Club name
email POP to firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL TEAM MEMBERS AND COACHES MUST BE REGISTERED SSA MEMBERS
HEATS WILL BE CIRCULATED TO ALL PARTICIPATING CLUBS BY NOVEMBER 20th.
TROPHIES,MEDALS & AWARDS
The winning clubs will take home the Provincial Interclub trophies.
Members of the top four teams in each Province will be awarded medals.
Surf Clubs must be affiliated with SSA, or request affiliation to SSA when submitting a team.
Members of teams (surfers, coaches and managers) must be registered with SSA.
The Contests use a Tag Team format only.
There are no individual heats.
The Tag Team Rules are below.
Each Tag Team is made up of five surfers and should include at least one woman.
Clubs may enter a B Team as long as the B Team ENTIRELY reflects transformation.
A and B teams must compete as separate teams.
Extra team members may be used as substitutes in each round.
NB: Clubs may set up one gazebo each at the contest site.
TAG TEAM RULES
- Teams are made up of five surfers. Four men & one woman.
- Surfers may be substituted in separate rounds if required.
- Each surfer must commence from behind a designated area near the shoreline.
- A list of surfers in the order they will surf, must be given to the Contest Director 15min prior to the start of each heat.
- The order of surfing may not be changed after it has been given to the Contest Director.
- Surfers may not leave the team area after the heat has started.
- A surfer may only surf once per round.
- Each surfer may catch a maximum of two (2) waves.
- Both rides count and there is no need to raise arms and “claim” either ride.
- There is no power surfer.
- Once a surfer has had two (2) rides they MUST return to their designated area and make physical contact with the next surfer.
- The heats and finals are a maximum of 40 minutes long.
- The Contest Director designates the start line, which is usually in front of the team area.
- Surfers may release their surfboard at the water’s edge when returning to their area.
- If there are extreme weather conditions or there is an injury or illness, the Contest Director may allow surfers to leave the area.
- SSA Interference Rules apply.
- If interference has been scored, the team’s next surfer must wait out the 3 minute time penalty in the team box after the surfer in the water has made contact with him/her.
- In the case of the interfering surfer being the last team member, the team’s set time will be reduced by the time penalty of 3mins.
- If there is interference the surfer who has had their scoring potential hindered will be allocated an extra ride.
- The surfer will be notified of the option of the replacement wave by public address announcement. Five Point Penalties:
Surfer competes out of turn
Surfer leaves the area before the siren or during the heat without permission from the Contest Director
Surfer tags outside of the area
Tagging Surfer does not make physical contact with next surfer
The required number of scoring waves (ten) are not completed within the allocated time Other Penalties
Surfer catches more than official wave limit: 5-point penalty for each extra wave
Interference: 3-minute penalty for next surfer or added to final Team time
A surfer substitutes for another team member without pre heat permission from the Contest Director: TEAM DISQUALIFICATION
WESTERN CAPE ENTRIES
|Llandudno Boardrider Juniors|
|Local Surf Lounge Academy|
|Kommetjie Surf Club A|
|Kommetjie Surf Club B|
|Ahoy Surf Club|
|Ocean Freedom Kom Crew|
|Ocean Freedom Grom Squad|
|Cass Collier Surf Academy|
EASTERN CAPE ENTRIES
KWAZULU NATAL ENTRIES
|Southshore Surf Club|
|Umzumbe Board Riders|
|Sisonke Surf Club A- Team|